TIPS FOR SALES & MARKETING FOR STARTUPS
"The critical ingredient is getting off your butt and doing something. It's as simple as that. A lot of people have ideas, but few decide to do something about them now. Not tomorrow. Not next week. But today. The true entrepreneur is a doer, not a dreamer."
–Nolan Bushnell, Entrepreneur
Talking about start-ups and marketing tips in the age of Covid-19 with everything so uncertain and dicey may seem foolish to you. However, as all bad things don't last forever, there is a silver lining to the dark clouds that have engulfed us. When Covid-19 is contained via vaccine/medicines, then the economies need to bounce and start-ups need to boom. So from this perspective, we present this blog with tips for sales and marketing for start-ups in the future.
Here are some tips for sales and marketing:
- Sell your product or service by showcasing how you are different, unique, or better than others in the market. Don't compare or run down other firms. Be positive and focus on your strengths. You will shine as compared to negative companies.
- Listen to your customers with no pre-judgments or preconceived notions. Engage them and get feedback. This results in the creation of a better product which you can sell with ease.
- Start marketing your product much before it's packed and ready to hit the stores. Build the excitement with targeted campaigns and let the market know what to expect with a bonanza of marketing. This way when the product is on the shelves, it starts flying off.
- Leverage the power of the internet, social media, content marketing, and even social influencers to build up a brand, an image, and a market for free. Think differently; be innovative in the marketing arena.
- Be able to quantify the results of your marketing campaigns. Therefore you will know which campaigns worked, which didn't, plus, run multiple campaigns in small numbers.
- Hire a good PR agency to get you local, national, or international coverage. It makes all the difference. You stand out from others if your branding is mentioned in publications. It's prestigious to be featured in India Today, Times of India, and so on.
- Allow your customer base to give feedback and vent any issues. Let the customer feel important and issues addressed. You will have a lifelong buyer and a referral source.
Make your loyal new customers feel special. It could be in the form of coupons, discounts, customer support, or auto-updates. Happy customers are the best marketers for business. Ensure your start-up values and keep your customers happy all the time.
Hope the above tips will benefit your start-up whenever you are ready to launch a new service or a product. The Midas touch will be with you as you navigate crowded markets and many rivals with a remarkable product, evolved customer service, and streamlined processes. Happy launch and happy selling to you all. Cheers!