WHY SHOULD COMPANIES MAKE VIDEOS FOR SOCIAL MEDIA?
“Video is universal and allows people around the world to communicate and exchange ideas. “ – Quote by Chad Hurley
Videos are becoming the rage on social media as opposed to traditional still imagery. Thu, marketing teams in brands/companies are increasingly turning to videos (short form or long form) to keep customers engaged. As per Hubspot, a video on a landing page increases conversion rates by 80%, and the word "video" in an email subject sentence increases click rates by 19%. Young people are more video format friendly and are the driving force for the same. In this blog, we shall look at the reasons why companies should make videos.
The reasons why companies should make videos are:
· Enhance brand awareness. Videos play an important role in reaching a new audience segment as well as draw prospects to social media platforms and the company website. Thus, building awareness far and wide about a company, its offerings, and its value is the primary reason for turning to videos.
· Driving sales. Videos play an important role in driving sales and increasing the financial bottom lines for the company. Be it in the form of direct marketing or subtle messaging in the videos, sales are the focus of the whole project.
· Build a social media community. Are you aware that four of the top six channels on which worldwide audiences watch a video are social channels? Marketing teams create videos to get people attracted to their website and social media channels. It helps in forging a loose community of audiences (customers and prospects) who like what they see and learn, thus become a fan and a follower.
· Educating customers. Videos play a stellar role in disseminating information, educating people & generally spreading awareness on everything and anything on this planet. Visual media is the best medium to educate people. Thus, it is an effective tool in the hands of companies to educate prospective clients and clients, in general.
· Build brand authority. Videos provide brands with an opportunity to demonstrate their company’s authority on a subject (product or service or in general). It showcases the expertise on a subject. As a result, the company becomes a valuable resource for social media users on subjects in case of any information or issues, etc. Videos have the capability to instil confidence in a brand among audiences if they feel they have gained insights/solutions etc via your videos.
So, if your brand needs vitality and zest, you know what you need to. Videos of any size are handy tools in leveraging social media and its reach for your brands. Even smaller companies are realising the value of video messaging. What are you waiting for? Start making videos and circulating them on your social media channels such as YouTube, Facebook, and Insta. The video is here to stay, end of the story.