SALESFORCE PROJECT IMPLEMENTATION PLAN
Ensuring that your Salesforce tool works out best for all concerned in the company is based on a plan/map/blueprint being drawn up which details step by step its execution, launch, and thereafter. This ensures that all the safeguards, needs, and requirements as well as best practices are put into use to ensure a smooth adoption as intended by the management. We are happy to share the plan with all of you so that your Salesforce project comes out a winner.
The step by step project implementation plan is as follows:
1. Begin by projecting a timeline for the completion of the project. This involves ensuring that no other big project is undertaken during this process or that you are suddenly short of staff as they are on leave etc
2. Define the goals for the salesforce implementation. A company's goal could be an increase in customer engagement or reduction in case time resolution. Tangible goals help to determine whether the implementation has been successful in its outcome or not.
3. Even if you are getting the salesforce project executed by an outside vendor, a business still needs to set up formally or informally an - in house team to oversee the project at their end. The various roles could be an executive sponsor, a project owner, a project manager, a system administrator, and power users. All these roles play an important role in the smooth execution of the project.
4. Define the end-users of the project. Who is the project meant for? who are its key beneficiaries? Is the sales team? Is the marketing department? or is it a customer service group?
5. The next step is to identify which specific people will be the ones to use salesforce. this step is important in mega-corporations with many people working in a department, and only a few need to use salesforce.
6. Intensive engagements with the concerned / user teams are needed to see what are their requirements & pain points so that the implementation takes up these issues and comes up with solutions. They need to pinpoint which tools & features are ideal for them. All these issues need to be thrashed out in the beginning to gain clarity.
7. Choose the salesforce cloud which you plan to use. It could be Sales Cloud, Service Cloud, Marketing Cloud, Pardot, or any other one. Each cloud has its own unique features & constraints, so it's imperative to select the one to be adopted.
8. This step involves creating suggestions for customization of the standard salesforce CRM as per your needs & requirements. The services of a Salesforce architect or a subject expert on the selected salesforce cloud is required at this stage as well as your IT team/person in case you have one.
9. Define user access and permissions for each person who will be using salesforce. This is required from the security point of view. The executing vendor such as Codleo Consulting could set up these for all the users based on their rank, profile, and usage defined by you.
10. At this stage, a basic prototype is made with customization & testing by the users for their suggestions and review.
11. The level of customization should be fixed early on as it is time-consuming and come with a heavy price tag.
12. The penultimate step involves preparing the ground for the go-live. This involves testing and checklists to ensure everything is going as per plan. All glitches are sorted and users are happy.
13. After going live, intensive and hands-on training sessions to the relevant teams/departments as per their specific needs are carried out along with support post the launch.