ACCEPTING AI WITH OPEN ARMS
“As a technologist, I see how AI and the fourth industrial revolution will impact every aspect of people’s lives.” — Fei-Fei Li, Professor of Computer Science at Stanford University.
As artificial intelligence is becoming a part of businesses and life slowly over time, the adoption is hesitant but becoming an integral part of our life. Why are there doubts and fears over AI in daily lives, businesses and work-life? There are two fears or misconceptions about AI which is the cause of this low rate of adoption:
- It is a dangerous concept. Bunkum, it is as dangerous as any other technology used in the past, is currently used and may be in the future. It is not dangerous, It is instruction driven.
- It takes away jobs. This fear is certain to an extent true but the fears are grossly exaggerated. It has been estimated that only 10% of jobs are switched over to AI. People are worried about unemployment rates skyrocketing thanks to AI. Agitations and strikes on these issues are common the world over, including parts of India. Past experience has been to the contrary. Jobs are created in newer departments, industries, and domains thanks to AI. The rapid movers and shakers will adapt while the others will be consigned to the dustbin of history if they don’t accept.
Common uses of AI currently:
- Chatbots on websites. You visit a portal and have the option to chat with the portal and get answers to basic questions without dialling, emailing, visiting the business, or any of its employees. It's commonplace, every portal and business worth its salt is investing in it. It’s like getting a call centre number.
- AI is believed to improve data security for businesses that invest in it.
- AI analysis of past visits to websites, likes, purchases, etc helps portals, businesses, and companies to showcase content relevant to you. Example, Face book, Amazon, etc are already doing it. It's omnipresent.
Benefits of AI in marketing:
- AI and data come together to help marketing teams come up with targeted focus
- Advertising is relevant and effective thanks to keyword searches and social profiles.
- Relevant content is dished out based on data and AI combination which is deadly.
Benefits of AI in data security:
- AI cybersecurity solutions alert on potential risks and threats, thus helping to take effective remedial preemptive action.
- AI based security tool helps the security team deal with various events across the entire organizational environment.
Banks are among the biggest beneficiaries of AI and have used it to prevent frauds and loss of many amounts of money the world over. For businesses, its time to shake off the fears and get down to being AI friendly company like others.
Write in to us and ask how you can adopt AI in your business and website. We are here to serve your AI and other tech needs. Be an AI friendly business, be successful. Ciao, till next time.